Since the East Bay Vegan Bake Sale was coming up - I wanted to do something with these gorgeous lemons and put together three versions of the pie.
INGREDIENTS & PROCESS:
- 2-3 Meyer lemons, depending on size - slice thinly, removing seeds as you go, place into a bowl and cover with
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- Strain lemons from sugary syrup and lay out in the pie crust
- Add 1/3 c of arrowroot and 2 Tb agar flakes to the sugar - beat very well and pour over the lemons in the pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated oven at 400 for 15 minutes, then reduce to 350 for 35-45 minutes.
- Deliver to your bake sale!