So, off and running. I read up on some recipes, checked out my Cafe Gratitude and other raw foods cookbooks and put together my first few batches of flaxseed crackers. One batch was flaxseeds and black sesame seeds with tomato curry catsup that I made (I know, not entirely raw), the other batch was full of hot yellow curry powder and garlic powder. Both batches came out really well.
Third batch, I went a little crazy - I used raw cacao powder, sprouted the hell out of some almonds and mixed it together with ground flaxseeds (soaked after grinding) and agave and turned out some crazy delicious thin, crispy flaxseed cookies.
Fourth batch - I really went nuts. Not only did I juice 10# of carrots and 5# of beets, but I used the pulp from my Breville juice fountain in the flaxseed crackers. Here's a list of the ingredients I combined for this batch of crackers:
Garden Veg Flaxseed Crackers
- 2 c. beet pulp
- 4 c. carrot pulp
- 3 c. flaxseeds ground and soaked with as much water as you need to use
- 2 c. almonds, soaked and sprouted
- 1 c. dried tomatoes, soaked and pulverized in blender or food processor
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 red onion
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 c. nutritional yeast
- 2-3 Tb of Miso Master mellow white miso (this stuff rocks!)
- Fresh rosemary, oregano, thyme, cilantro and parsley from the garden, pulverized in blender
Long after pulverized the ingredients in my Breville Die Cast Blender and trusty ole Cuisinart, and blended them in my Kitchen Aid mixer, I realized that the mixture looked exactly like meatloaf.