Rather than Freecycle my television and old DVD players, I called the Children's Hospital Family home - turns out they do need a TV and DVD players. The Oakland Children's Hospital also need lots of other stuff - things that I never thought of for crafts projects and such.
Here are a few things that tickled my fancy:
- Art and craft supplies
- Beanie Babies
- Crayons & Colored Pencils
- Crossword Puzzle Books: for both kids and parents
- Games: such as Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble, Battleship, Chutes and Ladders, Yahtzee, Life, chess, checkers, Boggle, Trouble, Connect Four and memory games
- Hot Wheels Toys, Small Cars & Trucks
- Journals, Blank Books, NotebooksMad Libs
- Magazines: for all ages, including magazines in Spanish
- Mini Needlepoint Kits
- Playing Cards: including UNO, Old Maid, Crazy Eights
- Safety Scissors
- Scrapbook Supplies
- Stationary Sets
- Knitting Yarn & Knitting Needles: all sizes (Family Resource & Information Center)
- Crochet Hooks: (Family Resource & Information Center)
- Booties: Knit or crochet baby booties (including preemie size)
- Favors: Make tray favors or origami for patient meal trays
- Sew: Sew a quilt or wheelchair backpack. Please use only new, not used fabric.
I wonder how kids would love the little creatures that Hannah at Bittersweet makes, like the cute little froggy.