Last week, I picked 10 gallons of plums in my backyard - that resulted in 3 gallons of juice and nearly 2 gallons of puree - and I picked about 150 apricots on Wednesday. Today is going to be a big canning day. If you'd like to visit to see how I do it - drop a line here!
In priority, this week's projects will include:
- Apricot infused vodka (first because it's the easiest!)
- Apricot jam (plain apricot, apricot chipotle)
- Apricot chutney
- Apricot fruit leather
- Candied apricots (they can hang out on the back burner)
- Plum fruit leather (might be tart, though!)
- Plum jelly (plain plum, plum serrano, plum habanero)
- Plum sauce
These apricots are massive - they are the size of small peaches! I put some into the dehydrator last night, so we'll see how they come out, if at all dried!