Then, a coworker made and brought in a pile of doughnuts -- not vegan. So, I did a search for some doughnuts, and found that People's Donuts makes and sells locally (but, ew - stale! I mean - once a doughnut has cooled down, it's done!).
In the last two days, I have come across several recent postings about doughnuts:
- A review of VooDoo Donuts in Portland on To Live and Eat in LA and on Vegan Shizzle and on VeganFabulous
- A doughnut "Photo of the week" and recipe link on Vegan Tree House to the Urban Housewife's 2007 doughnut recipe
- A delicious entry on the scientific approach to vegan doughnuts, or Aromatic Rings on
- A review of Mighty O organic donut shop in Seattle on Emo Potato
- A mention of Ronald's Donuts in Vegilicious
- A recipe in Two Little Vegans
The universe is telling me that the time is here. I'm going to have to make some doughnuts -- maybe apple cinnamon doughnuts with my grandmother's (veganized) recipe.